CyberGhost not Working with Hulu? Here’s your quick solution
CyberGhost is one of the best VPNs for Hulu and other streamers.
However, you might encounter times when it doesn’t work with Hulu, often due to technical issues. Don’t worry. These are usually easy to fix. We’ll show you the best solutions in this quick guide.
But if you’ve tried every technical fix and CyberGhost still isn’t working with Netflix, you may need another VPN. So, we’ll also show you the best CyberGhost alternatives.
When you’re finished reading, you’ll once again enjoy uninterrupted access to your favorite Hulu shows.
How to stream Hulu with CyberGhost
First, we need to ensure you have CyberGhost configured correctly for Hulu. The process is generally the same for every CyberGhost app on iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and other popular devices.
Here’s what to do:
- Sign up for CyberGhost. If you’re a new user, you can use its 45-day money-back guarantee for a risk-free trial run.
- Download the app to your Hulu device.
- Connect to a server in the US.
- Clear your browser cache and cookies (deletes any historical location data). Clear the Hulu app as well.
- Sign in to Hulu and enjoy your favorite shows!
If you still can’t connect to Hulu, try switching servers to different locations within the US. If that doesn’t work, keep reading for more solutions.
How well does CyberGhost work with Hulu?
Generally, CyberGhost works very well with Hulu, thanks to over 1,400 servers in the US, many of which are optimized for streaming. It also uses lightweight VPN protocols and the latest software to ensure a smooth, reliable, fast connection from anywhere.
Our global test team connected to CyberGhost’s US servers from countries in Asia, Europe, and Africa and could stream Hulu in 4K HD with minimum buffering.
However, unlike many top Hulu VPNs, CyberGhost doesn’t use obfuscated servers which would mask the fact you’re using a VPN from the streamer. This means it’s more likely to get caught by Hulu and blocked. You may have to cycle through servers before you find one that still works with Hulu.
A few technical issues may also cause CyberGhost to not work with Hulu, which we’ll explore now.
Why isn’t CyberGhost working with Hulu?
Hulu is a US-only streaming site – it’s not available anywhere else. Due to its copyright and broadcast licenses, it must block anyone outside the US from accessing its content, or risk legal action from content producers and partners.
To ensure this doesn’t happen, Hulu invests heavily in blocking VPN servers using various tools. Once Hulu detects a server belonging to a VPN, it adds that server to a permanent “blocklist.”
Even if you’re based in the US and using a CyberGhost to improve your online privacy, Hulu will still try to stop you from accessing content.
However, some other factors may contribute to CyberGhost not working with Hulu. Here are the most common:
1. CyberGhost has a software error. This can occur with all software tools and isn’t cause for concern.
Solution: Restart your CyberGhost app or your device.
2. Hulu is reading old location data from your browser or device. Your historical location data could conflict with the location presented by your CyberGhost IP address.
Solution: Clear your cache and cookies or use Hulu on your browser’s incognito mode.
3. Hulu has blocked your CyberGhost server. Hulu records every VPN server it identifies and blocks them to a “block list.”
Solution: Try another CyberGhost server in the US.
4. Hulu is using your GPS information to establish your location. Hulu’s mobile apps can access your device’s GPS data (from Google Maps and other apps). This may clash with the location displayed by your CyberGhost server.
Solution: You’ll have to stream Hulu on your device’s browser (Chrome, Safari, etc.) using incognito mode or a GPS spoofing app.
Best alternatives to CyberGhost for streaming Hulu
If you’ve tried every technical fix, and CyberGhost still isn’t working with Hulu, you might need a different VPN.
We’ve tested countless VPNs with Hulu and only found five that work as well as – or better than – CyberGhost.
Take a quick look at them below, or read our complete VPN reviews, to see exactly how every VPN performs in streaming, privacy, security, value, and much more.
[[post-object type=”summary-section” pros-cons=”true” /]]
Do free VPNs work with Hulu?
Most free VPNs don’t work with Hulu because their server networks are too small, they’re too slow for streaming, and they’re not advanced enough to bypass its detection tools. But these aren’t the only reasons to skip free VPNs. There are also lots of privacy and safety concerns.
Free VPNs don’t generate revenue from subscriptions, so they often resort to much shadier ways of making money. We’ve witnessed free VPNs:
- Selling user data to data brokers, advertisers, and hackers.
- Bombarding users with ads promoting their paid plans or other random products.
- Hosting malware on their networks or providing back doors (for a fee).
Plenty of excellent cheap VPNs work with Hulu (and every other streamer) and don’t put you at risk, bombard you with ads, or restrict your access to servers and bandwidth.
If you want to stream with peace of mind and enjoy your favorite shows buffer-free, skip free VPNs altogether.
How we tested CyberGhost and other VPNs with Hulu
We’ve devised strict criteria for testing VPNs after testing and reviewing hundreds of providers (good and bad). For this guide, we focused on each VPNs’ compatibility with Hulu, its connection speeds, privacy tools, and more.
You can use our criteria to choose the best VPN for you, including:
- Server network: Look for VPNs with thousands of servers located in countries across the globe.
- Connection speeds: We only recommend VPNs fast enough to stream Hulu in HD without buffering or lag.
- Access to content: We tested every VPN for compatibility with Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and other top streaming sites.
- Security: The best VPNs use the latest cybersecurity to keep you safe online, including 256-bit AES encryption, DNS leak protection, and automatic kill-switches.
- Privacy: Our favorite VPNs offer extra privacy tools like ad blockers, anti-malware, and dark web monitoring for free.
- Value: Premium VPNs don’t have to be expensive. Look for simple, affordable plans and generous money-back guarantees.
- Ease of use: Just because VPNs are a complicated technology, they don’t have to be difficult to use. The best VPNs are all also the most beginner-friendly.
- Customer support: Look for VPNs that offer 24/7 live chat support, comprehensive video tutorials and troubleshooting guides, and active user communities.
Read our complete VPN review process if you want to know every aspect of how a VPN works, and which one to choose for Hulu (or anything else).
[[post-object type=”accordion” question=”Why won’t Hulu let me use a VPN?” answer=”
Hulu won’t let you use a VPN because of its licensing agreements and copyright laws in the US. Hulu is only licensed to distribute content within the US, and it knows most people using a VPN are trying to access its content from outside the country.
So, by trying to block every VPN, Hulu ensures it’s not breaching its agreements with content providers by restricting viewing within the US.
Even if you’re based in the US, and using a VPN for privacy, Hulu will still block you as a precautionary measure. The only way to get around Hulu’s blocks is to use a VPN with obfuscated servers that hide it from Hulu’s detection tools. We recommend NordVPN or Surfshark.
[[post-object type=”accordion” question=”How do I fix the proxy error on Hulu?” answer=”
To fix the proxy error on Hulu, you need a VPN with obfuscated servers and cloaking software.
Hulu tries to block any tool using a proxy server, which includes VPNs. To bypass this, advanced VPNs use the latest obfuscated server technologies and other “cloaking” software to hide from Hulu’s detection.
The most reliable VPNs for bypassing Hulu’s proxy error are NordVPN, Surfshark, and ExpressVPN.
[[post-object type=”accordion” question=”How can I watch Hulu outside the US?” answer=”
The only way to watch Hulu outside the US is with a premium VPN. A VPN allows you to connect to the internet via secure servers located across the globe. To watch Hulu, you connect to a server in the US that gives you an IP address in the country.
Once you’ve connected to a server with a US IP address, Hulu will think you’re physically located in the country and allow you access from anywhere in the world.
The best VPNs for a US IP address are NordVPN and Surfshark.
CyberGhost is one of the best VPNs for Hulu, but sometimes gets blocked by the streaming site.
If this happens, follow the steps we’ve outlined in case it’s due to a technical glitch in your
CyberGhost app. If that doesn’t work, try an alternative streaming VPN with more advanced features than CyberGhost.
The best VPNs all have 30-day money-back guarantees, so there’s no risk in trying them out.