Before working from home became a way of life, VPN’s were used mainly to connect to your employer’s network in order to access files while at home or away on a business trip. Today, in the age of streaming tv and working from home, vpn’s are more for privacy than business. Top things to look for in a VPN:
Price – Many offer a trimmed down FREE version or a free trial. Take advantage of these if your need is minimal (1 device) or want to shop around for speed and options
Logging – Look for VPNs that delete their logs daily or don’t have them at all. We will get into this more in the list.
Server Geos: Once connected to your VPN, your IP Geolocation will show from wherever that serve is. The more servers world-wide the more distance between you and your browsing. The options you have to connect to, the harder it is to find patterns and trace activity back to you.
- We’re dead serious about this one: we do not store logs of your online activity. Logs can easily link actions back to you, and some VPN providers pass these onto law officials when told to do so. We can’t, as we don’t have any. Simple.
- Functionality that speaks for itself, as our main objective is to secure your online privacy, and you will see that we went the extra mile to develop features that no other provider offers – some are Split Tunneling, Stealth Guard, Advanced IP Leak Protection, IPv6 Support, WireGuard®, and many more in the making.
- Choose from over 72 locations and 1800 servers throughout Asia, Europe and The Americas. Thanks to our highly optimized network, you will always connect to the fastest VPN server available. Enjoy an uninterrupted download and streaming experience.
P2P SUPPORT – UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH – 10GBIT SERVERS – UP TO 10 DEVICES – PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT – FREE VPN
- Regular VPN services can be compromised if their servers are under surveillance. ProtonVPN prevents this by first passing user traffic through our Secure Core network in privacy-friendly countries like Switzerland and Iceland. Thus, even a compromised VPN endpoint server will not reveal your true IP address.
- ProtonVPN exclusively uses ciphers with Perfect Forward Secrecy, meaning that your encrypted traffic cannot be captured and decrypted later, even if an encryption key gets compromised in the future.
- ProtonVPN is a no logs VPN service. We do not track or record your internet activity, and therefore, we are unable to disclose this information to third parties.
- ProtonVPN also integrates with the Tor anonymity network. With a single click, you can route all your traffic through the Tor network and access Onion sites.
- Located in Panama, which has no data retention laws — this means NordVPN can legallyfollow astrict no-logs policyto ensure users’ privacy and security
- Risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee
- 5,000+ servers in 60+ countries (the numbers are constantly growing) —biggest servernetworkfor VPNs on the plane
- Military-grade AES-256-GCM encryptionusing only the most secure protocols:OpenVPN (UDP and TCP), IKEv2/IPSec, NordLynx (based on WireGuardⓒ)
- Dedicated P2P servers
- OffersDouble Encryption serversfor extra privacy and security
- Free Trial: To make your decision easy, we give you a 24-hour free VPN trial and a 7-day free Smart DNS trial package. Give it a try now – what do you have to lose?
- We do NOT keep logs related to any IP address because we care about our customers’ privacy. Therefore, no third-party can match user IP to any specific online activity.
- 24/7/365: Whenever you have a question about our service, we’re proud to help you any time because we love our customers.