How To Change Your Location on YouTube TV Using a VPN
If you want to change your location on YouTube TV, a VPN is the easiest solution.
A VPN – virtual private network – is a software tool that hides your real location via IP addresses located across the globe, giving you access to YouTube TV content from anywhere in the world. You simply change your location by picking a new IP address, and YouTube will never know the difference.
In this quick guide, we’ll show you the seven best VPNs for YouTube TV out of the hundreds available. Wherever you are, and whatever you need, these VPNs will deliver the best experience.
The best VPNs to change your location on YouTube TV:
We picked these VPNs because they’re the best for YouTube TV – and anything else. They offer the top tools in the VPN industry, including:
- High-speed servers worldwide
- The most advanced security features
- Access to popular streaming sites
- Unlimited bandwidth and no usage caps
- Simultaneous connections on multiple devices
- Easy-to-use apps
- Excellent value
- Responsive customer support
How to change your location on YouTube TV using a VPN
You can change your location on YouTube TV in a few easy steps:
- Pick a VPN with servers in the location(s) across the globe. We recommend NordVPN, because it has speed-optimized servers in 60+ countries (including every country with YouTube TV content).
- Download the VPN’s app onto your device(s).
- Open the VPN app and follow the basic setup instructions.
- Select a server in your chosen destination.
- Open YouTube TV and check if you can access the content you’re looking for.
We recommend clearing your browser’s cache and cookies to ensure your original IP address is wiped from YouTube TV’s servers and any other websites you’ve visited recently. Otherwise, the VPN may not work fully.
The best VPNs for YouTube TV
Now you know how VPNs work and why they’re the easiest solution for changing your location on YouTube TV, let’s take an in-depth look at our top picks.
We’ve reviewed every VPN imaginable, and you can discover them all in our library of complete VPN reviews.
[[post-object type=”summary-section” pros-cons=”true” /]]
How to choose the best VPN for YouTube TV
The right VPN will go way beyond changing your YouTube TV location. It will be your complete solution for online privacy – hiding your data, identity, location, and internet activity.
Here’s what you should look for when picking one:
- Global server network: The best VPNs have thousands of servers in countries worldwide, including smaller countries like Albania.
- Fast enough for HD streaming: You’ll need a fast enough connection to watch your favorite YouTube TV channels, shows, movies, and sports in high quality.
- Unlimited bandwidth: The best VPNs don’t enforce any usage limits, so you can stream, download, video chat, game, and more to your heart’s content.
- Airtight security: We only recommend VPNs that offer industry-best security, including 256-bit AES encryption, server obfuscation, automatic kill-switches, RAM-only servers, and much more.
- Transparent privacy policies: Our top VPNs are regularly audited by independent firms to confirm they’re maintaining your security and privacy.
- Easy-to-use apps: We only recommend VPNs that even the least tech-savvy people can use.
- Good value: Look for VPNs offering simple subscriptions and at least 30-day money-back guarantees.
These are just a few factors we look at before recommending a VPN. To learn more, read our complete VPN review standards.
Can I change my YouTube TV location with a free VPN?
Most free VPNs will allow you to change your YouTube TV location by giving you an IP address in a different country. However, you’ll likely be limited to servers in big countries like the US.
That’s not the only challenge you’ll face using a free VPN. Most limit your data to a few MB per month, and they’re incredibly slow. They’re usually only useful for basic web browsing, not streaming.
Also, because free VPNs don’t charge a subscription, they need to profit from you in other ways. We’ve seen free VPNs:
- Track and sell user data
- Insert ads into users’ web browsers
- Push endless popups for their premium packages
- Allow malware and hackers into their networks
So, even if you’re on a tight budget, we recommend skipping free VPNs and using the best cheap VPNs instead.
FAQs about changing your YouTube TV location
Does YouTube TV have location restrictions?
Yes, YouTube TV has location restrictions. According to its terms of service: “when you travel outside of your home area, you can’t watch local networks airing in your home area. You can see local programs in the location you travel to, but you can’t record anything outside of your home area.”
If you plan on traveling outside your home location and still accessing your local YouTube TV content, you’ll need a VPN that works with YouTube TV while also delivering fast connections and tight security. We recommend NordVPN or Surfshark.
How do I bypass YouTube location restrictions?
A VPN is the easiest and most secure way to bypass YouTube location restrictions. A VPN gives you an IP address in your location of choice so you can access your favorite YouTube TV content from anywhere.
A VPN also enhances your overall online security and privacy, and can even speed up your internet connection by hiding your activities from your internet service provider (so you bypass bandwidth throttling).
Can you use YouTube TV in multiple locations?
Yes, you can use YouTube TV in multiple locations. But to ensure you don’t lose access to content because you’ve changed location, you’ll need a VPN.
A VPN lets you choose IP addresses located all over the world, so you never lose access to content that’s restricted to one place. Connect to YouTube TV using a VPN and you’ll have the same content permissions regardless of where you are.
Changing your YouTube TV location: conclusion
A VPN is the simplest, safest, most cost-effective way to change your YouTube TV location.
You’ll also get a host of other benefits, including enhanced online security and privacy, ad-blockers, anti-tracking tools, and much more.
You can try out the best VPNs risk-free using their money-back guarantees to test every feature. When you find the right one, get ready for interruption-free access to your favorite YouTube TV content.